Community Forum

Unauthorized Service changes and additions - Repetitive issue

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Unauthorized Service changes and additions - Repetitive issue

I have unauthorized charges on my bill. I have previously resolved this issue twice--once in Nov 2015, and again in Jan 2016. As of billing date 5/7/16, MLB Extra Innings subscription has shown back up and TMC was also added without authorization. Gaiam looks to have been added on 1/11/2016 without permission, as well.

I would like the MLB, TMC, and GAIAM removed from my account immediately, along with a refund of all charges and taxes related to those channels. All future account changes should be restricted. Please send a written confirmation via email for my records.

Because this is a repetitive issue, I have filed an informal complaint with the FCC on 6/20/16 that also includes the unauthorized modem rental that went unnoticed for more than one year in 2015.  I will follow up with a formal complaint as soon as I receive the confirmation from FCC.  The $225 for a formal complaint will be money well spent to get your billing back on the right side of the law.

My clients would never put up with this frivolous billing---and I would never expect them to.

Regular Contributor

Re: Unauthorized Service changes and additions - Repetitive issue

Hello efrench01,

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. I was able to make the adjustment to your account. Please allow 1-2 billing cycles for the adjustment to appear to your billing statement. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know. 

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I appreciate your assistance.  If you are referencing the credit of $53.17 that just appeared on my account a few minutes ago, that is not sufficient.  The total credit should amount to $162.53 + tax.  Here is a breakdown for your reference.  

6/5/16: $62.52 + tax   (Gaiam monthly, TMC monthly, MLB Extra Innings monthly)

5/5/16: $70.92 + tax   (Gaiam monthly, TMC monthly, TMC prorated from 4/25/16, MLB Extra Innings monthly)
4/5/16: $6.99 + tax    (Gaiam monthly)
3/7/16: $6.99 + tax   (Gaiam monthly)
2/7/16: $15.11 + tax  (Gaiam prorated from 1/11/16 + Gaiam monthly)
TOTAL:  162.53 + tax

My patience for this "ghost" billing was exhausted in November 2015 and January 2016.  Please make the requested adjustments immediately. This is the third documented time this billing error has happened.   Although I am still proceeding with a formal complaint and restitution due to the repetitive nature of this problem, I am still seeking immediate resolve through this channel.  All other attempts at reaching Comcast customer service today have been unsuccessful.

Problem Solver

Hello efrench01,

I have completed a further review of your account and the charges assessed. I have sent you a private message to discuss your account in detail.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Expert
Moved:

Your post has been removed to a secure, hidden area for violating Forum Guidelines [circumventing the language filters]. If you are not familiar with the Guidelines you may review them here. http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379