Community Forum

Unauthorized Renewal of Contract when REturning Question

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Unauthorized Renewal of Contract when REturning Question

I called in October 2017 when I was switching to DirectTV asking when my Home Security contract would be fulfilled, and was told I had six months left on the contract.  I was ok with that because I signed an agreement, but I could return the Cable TV equipment and keep the Cable Modem because I still wanted that.  The equipment return did not go so well, the person had no idea what they were doing, and when their manager came to help return the equipment, they must have renewed my subscription and put me on a bundle.

I never asked or had intention to change the contract length, just return the equipment.  When I talked with the customer service person on the phone, they admitted that it was a training issue on their side that made my error but could not offer any remediation.  They could only offer to credit my account, but I am probably have to call every month for infinity (many that is how xFinity came about).  

Is that how customer service should be handled?  Has this happened to other customers, and were you able to finally come up with a solution to end your service for the Home Security, and such a blatant fault on Comcasts side?

Expert

Re: Unauthorized Renewal of Contract when REturning Question

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Official Employee

Re: Unauthorized Renewal of Contract when REturning Question

Hi Harold_Fennell, 

This isn't the experience we want for our customers. I'd like to review your account to see how we can fix this. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!