Community Forum

Unauthorized Charges to My Account?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Unauthorized Charges to My Account?

I noticed 3 prorated charges on my account of $13.something and immediately contacted Comcast Xfinity.  I was told it was equipment updates and added devices.  I queried this as NO devices were updated or added for over a year or more. Then I get told an audit showed I had a cloud dvr and HD euipment and my lineup was switched to HD channels of which I need to pay a fee.

I originally had HD channels back in maybe 2016 and after a few months or more received a letter stating this was in error and my service would be downgraded to SD, I had no problem with this but now someone decided to give them back to and ask a fee.

Where does Comcast Xfinity come up with these charges and at a flip of a switch, upgrade my devices and services then ask for money?

If they made an error back in 2016 with HD channels and was able to flip a switch then and revert me back to SD, then they can do the same now.

I received a letter back in 2016 to the mistake and the downgrade but 2018 they can do it without a letter, something smells bad here.

Expert

Re: Unauthorized Charges to My Account?

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am a volunteer Expert/Moderator, not an employee.

Official Employee

Hello callmewayne. I can assist with researching your account for the HD Technology Fee. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Joe,

I sorted the issue out via Twitter.

Here is my problem/issue.

Like I mentioned, I was on my accounts page ready to pay my bill when I noticed 3 amounts of $13.XX for something and this is prorated amounts. My current bill looked to be "normal", but these prorated amounts got me angry.

Via Twitter, I was told my devices were upgraded to HD channels and therefor, a fee was charged for this.  A long back and forth ensued and I was told the only way to avoid the fees was to have my X1 device returned to store for an SD model.  Now here is my issue,  I did not upgrade my device.  I did not ask for HD channels which is why I refused to pay for something I never asked for. The strangest part is that when I signed up maybe 2 years ago, give or take, I was getting HD channels from the outset until Comcast Xfinity realised they had made a mistake and sent me a letter saying thry were dropping my HD to SD and if I wanted HD channels, I could apply for them and therefor pay for them, which I declined.  Now here is the crux of the matter, I never returned that box to the store and Comcast Xfinity downgraded my HD to SD at a flip of a switch, so I fail to understand why I had to return a box NOW to get the same results.  You flipped a switch once, you can do it again.

The rep said he/she was able to do something for me and I agreed to it and within seconds my HD channels were dropped to SD channels and the fee was waived, again at a flip of a switch and no device changes.

I am concerned that further unauthorized amounts etc might show up on my next bill.

Official Employee

Hi callmewayne. I understand your frustrations. I am glad our Twitter team was able to get this sorted out for you. If you would like a review of your bill to ensure there will nothing else showing up unexpectedly, Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.