Community Forum

Unauthorized Auto-Pay Set-up

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Unauthorized Auto-Pay Set-up

Everyone BEWARE....Xfinity/Comcast set my account up for auto-pay WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. When I called in I was told that my account was set up for auto-pay on January 20th at 5:30am. This was impossible as no one in my household was available at that time. I have spent the last 30+ minutes talking to the same person with the name of Guillermo/Milo/Frank (supposed badge number 3630662) and then Absalom (supposed badge number 506266). This person, who was the same person, kept "transferring" me to the next level tier for help, though it was painfully obvious that it was the same person. Now the person says there is no supervisor available for me to talk to.

We did not have issues with cancelling the auto-pay online (WITHOUT ASSISTANCE FROM THE COMPANY WHO DID THIS TO BEGIN WITH), which is the only saving grace with situation. However, with a quick Google search it's obvious this unauthorized auto-pay, which has overdrafted other people's accounts, is not an isolated issue.

Currently waiting for Guillermo/Milo/Frank/Absalom to get their supervisor to call back once my number hits the top of their call list. Just wanted everyone to beware!!!
Official Employee

Re: Unauthorized Auto-Pay Set-up

Hi, tracx - My apologies for this experience but the information you have been provided about the dates is incorrect. When you schedule a payment online, there is a checkbox "I'd like to enroll in automatic payments, and I agree to the Terms and Conditions" and there is a possibility that you accidentally hit it before submitting the payment. I can provide more details if you send em a private message with your full name, address, and a phone or account number. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me.

Official Employee
Moved:

Re: Unauthorized Auto-Pay Set-up