Community Forum

Unacceptable business practices from Comcast

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Unacceptable business practices from Comcast

Initial inquiry with Comcast, setting up internet service:

Asked the agent if the tiers they offered all included unlimited data, as this was an important service for me. It was not glanced over, or miscommunicated, it was specifically asked if it was an unlimited data plan. I was assured it was not once, but repeatedly.

Within my first month of service, I received a data limit almost exceed notification pop up. Along with this pop-up, with the notification that there was a two month grace period for using excessive data. Regardless, I was not too concerned with that, as I had signed up for a package for unlimited data or so I was told. As this was the start of problems, this is where I became skeptical.

I call customer service and get escalated to a manager, after being repeatedly attempted to be sold something rather than get service. Again, so there could be no misunderstanding once so ever, I took down his name, as well as employee number, and verified that information with him, as well as started a transcript of our conversation.

(Name: Maynor Employee #40289745)After being promised the problem was resolved, that unlimited data was added with the specific agreement that it would be comped for the duration of my plan, restoring my bill to what was originally promised: my original package with unlimited data, for the duration of the plan. I thought the problem was resolved...

I went to check my package and billing and noticed that my bill had increased to a $50 charge for unlimited data, and there was no indication of any sort of credit. Concerned about this, I called again, asked to speak to a manager, and was told there were no notes on my account, and that I had to bring my issue to the local Comcast store to get any further resolve. (Manager name Lewis employee #7201151) I was also told he would contact me again in 'a couple of days'.

Here's where things simply do not make sense. It's not feasible that anyone would willingly sign up for unlimited data two months in advance, essentially donating $100 to Comcast, for no additional benefit. As it's noted in the pop-up, there is a two month grace period, and on top of that, a limited data connection wasn't what I was sold in the first place. At best this is negligence, however, without this issue being resolved, I would consider it purposefully providing information that is false with intent to deceive. Regardless of these facts, I did my due diligence to correct the situation, and follow the instructions given to me and went to my local Comcast store.

Upon reaching the local Comcast store, I was informed that wasn't their policy, and they generally claimed to have no idea of what I was talking about. I presented my case to them again, the interactions I had previously, as well the information that I was told I needed to bring. After being provided this information, I was clearly and directly told by the manager on duty: "We don't have the ability to give in our system what was offered."
https://vocaroo.com/i/s10qwHCJ8FcN

Seeking further clarification, I specifically asked: "You do not have the ability to honor an agreement that your agency made?"

The response I received was "That's correct." 
https://vocaroo.com/i/s1X5yBFBmVvw

I then asked if they didn't have the ability to honor the obligation they made, who did? They directed me towards Executive Customer Relations, who I am happy to report contacted me in a timely fashion. I was assured that the problem would be corrected, and the matter would be investigated. Concerned that this promise to 'fix it' wouldn't be followed through on, I attempted to contact this gentleman again. The response I received was "I am currently not able to take any calls. You can email me for now if you wish and I will call you back later today." (Juan Chavez - Executive Customer Relations Supervisor)

I never received a call back. I have never received a call back when I was told I would receive one. This is a well-established pattern of making it difficult, if not impossible for the customer to resolve a legitimate concern. I do understand that some matters take time to resolve. That said, the deception that Comcast has used to this point is unacceptable.

This post will be used as further documentation that all good faith efforts on my end have been made to resolve this issue. That promises were made repeatedly and not followed through on. That specifically your agency would not live up to those agreements.

Again, the resolve I expect, is my original package, as promised, with unlimited data, for the duration of my current plan. Once again above, I have provided all the information necessary for your agency to follow through on its obligations. As there is an established pattern of dishonesty, I will require that agreement in writing, in a nondigital format.

I do understand you deal with a lot of frustrated people, and that must be a very difficult job. I respect that. Please respect the fact your agency this time is in the wrong, and it needs to be corrected in a timely fashion.

Admin1

Re: Unacceptable business practices from Comcast

Hi YouAre -- I can help with your data issue. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I will work with the ECR team to see what can be done. For clarity, only our 2 Gigabit service comes with unlimited data included. No other plan includes this.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!