Community Forum

Unable to manage my plan online error message when I try to change it ...

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Unable to manage my plan online error message when I try to change it ...

Hi there -- I urgently need to downgrade my service for a while and if I can't get some help, I will have to turn it off and use a wireless tethering plan for the internet until I have time to find a new provider. 

I am in a financial crisis. I tried to change my plan on line but got the message: "We're sorry, it looks like you'll need some help completing your order. Please call us at 1-877-680-7173 and we can help."

There must be some way to handle this without calling an 800 number. I am  dealing with a potentially fatal illness, unemployment and foreclosure (among other issues).  Absurdly, I can't even get to the page with plans to see what's there, let alone switch to one.

When I signed up, I wanted high-speed Internet-only but I was told that internet-only would be more expensive than a double plan. So I have a Internet-and TV combo plan. I'm pretty sure you can tell from your end that I have never hooked up the TV. The box is still in the original package, unused. I was told I wasn't being charged a monthly fee for it (I asked how I might return it but was told I couldn't, if I wanted the "cheaper" plan with TV added)

Well, when I looked at my bill, it seems I am being charged a fee for this box. 

I would be very grateful if someone could email me as soon as possible. regarding my options. I need internet service to look for a job and I would rather not have to rely completely on a wireless tethering plan. 

The high-speed data plan I have now rarely gets near the speeds I was promised anyway, but even a slower Xfinity plan should be faster than 3- and 4g speeds. t it). 

Thank you! 

Expert

Re: Unable to manage my plan online error message when I try to change it ...

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Official Employee

Re: Unable to manage my plan online error message when I try to change it ...

Hello amypag. We're sorry to hear about your unfortunate circumstances. We apologize our website is experiencing a know issue where it is unable to provide offers to existing customers. Our web development team is working on getting this fixed, but does not have an ETR yet.  I can assist in reviewing the downgrade options for you and your internet plan. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.