Community Forum

Unable to Activate HBO

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Unable to Activate HBO

For over a year now I've been unable to activate HBO using xfinity online.  I've called customer service many times but they always blame HBO.  This started once I added a family member to my account.  I'm also unable to private message any customer service rep with my info.  Any help would be appreciated.

Admin1

Re: Unable to Activate HBO

Hi acabler -- For HBO Go issues, please start with doing a password reset. This is the most common way to resolve any login/activation issues with HBO Go. Can you give that try and let me know the result please?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Hi Zach,

I tried this twice with no luck.  I'm assuming you mean my xfinity password.  I'm just going to hbo.com/activate to activate a Fire TV.  This redirects me to comcast to login and from there I'm taken to https://www.xfinity.com/learn/digital-cable-tv/premium-channels/hbo?lang=en&ui_style=dark where it would previously return me to HBO for activation.

Admin1

acabler -- Thanks for giving that a try. I received your PM with your contact information and login username. I've opened a ticket with our support team for further assistance. An agent will contact you directly once they've had a chance to work through this. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Admin1

acabler -- I reviewed your support ticket and it shows as resolved. Can you confirm you're able to use HBO Go now?

Regular Visitor

No - I am still unable to use it.  Advanced support called me and again told me that it must be a problem with HBO and that I should really just be using the Xfinity stream app.  I'm extremely frustrated by this after a year and many calls and am considering cancelling my service.

Admin1

acabler -- Sorry to hear that. We've done what we can for this now after having multiple tech support agents look at this.