Community Forum

Trying to charge me for my own modem AGAIN!!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Trying to charge me for my own modem AGAIN!!

Comcast has repeatedly tried to charge me for my modem during the first couple years of service. Every time I call they would apologize and remove the rental fee. This has happened so many times I lost count. Now I call the representive she says the mac id listed is their modem. I bought it in 2014 and thought I wouldn’t have the receipt. But I do and found it today. So now she wants me to spend my time and gas going to their offices to fix this dispute. I have three kids ranging from 7yrs to 10 months. Which two are sick at the moment. I have a hard time going to the bathroom let alone to a Comcast office to fix their mistake. I would switch my internet provider in a heartbeat just like I did with my tv service if there was an competitor in the area. This company by far has the worst customer service.
Official Employee

Re: Trying to charge me for my own modem AGAIN!!

Hi AngelaPolak, 

I'm sorry for the experience you've had while trying to get this resolved. I'd like to research your equipment and see if we can get this resolved once and for all. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me