Community Forum

Triple play install

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Triple play install

I am switching to Comcast triple play tomorrow. Does the Comcast modem need to plug into a phone jack or does it work through the cable? If it needs a jack Will they plug the modem into my existing jack where my Verizon modem is presently. I do not want to use that jack as it is in a tough location near the floor baseboard and is constantly being bumped by accident. There is another jack but it is in a bedroom. Will the installer put in a new jack closer to the tv? 

Official Employee

Re: Triple play install

Hello janetcasey, the tech will now need to use the phone jack in the wall for your services. The modem will connect to phones services via coax cable and you can plug your phone line directly into the modem for service. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!