Community Forum

Torture by Customer Service [lack thereof]

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Torture by Customer Service [lack thereof]

I have had issues with my cable for over three years. It got really bad around January, with technicians coming out at least once a month.

In late August / September, one of the tecnicians discovered a cut in the drop that would explain all of my issues, and immediately ordered a replacement drop.

The city came out and spray painted my yard, noting all of the utilities. Again, this was September.

Since September, I have called every two weeks. I have been promised supervisor calls. I have been promised dates for the drop and dates for call backs. No date has ever been met, drop has never been replaced.

Does anyone know HOW to get comcast to meet their own promises? My last three calls were just to get confirmations of WHEN things would be fixed, so I could ammend my grievance with the FTC (which I know is a waste of time, but, I'm willing to try anything if it will help Comcast provide the service that I am paying for)?

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Official Employee

Re: Torture by Customer Service [lack thereof]

Hi CodeMonky, 

I was able to access your account using the email address registered with the forums. I am showing local line techs went out on 9/5 to complete the drop bury, and removed lines that were owned by Comcast. Are you having issues with your services? If so, I will need to troubleshoot as normal. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

You should probably look a little closer. They didn't actually do the drop. I keep calling, they send out a new tech, new tech schedules the drop, and nothing happens. Look at my account. Look at the number of times I've called. Look at all the answers the representatives give me. If I had ANY other choice but comcast, I'd do it. I've even considered cellular internet, which would be much more stable than what I have.

Official Employee

After reviewing the notes and comment that were placed on your work order from 9/5, I was able to confirm there was a line that was buried 12 inches into the ground. If there were any other lines that needed to be buried that were not included in that appointment, then yes, we would need to create a new request to get someone out again. I see there has already been another appointment scheduled for, I will follow up afterwards to ensure it was all taken care of. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi CodeMonky, 

I just wanted to reach out to see how your services have been working after we last spoke about the drop issues. Have you had any changes on your end?