Community Forum

This is unacceptable! $82.43 increase in bill with no contract or service change. Please help!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Valued Contributor

This is unacceptable! $82.43 increase in bill with no contract or service change. Please help!

I've made no changes to my service. My 2 yr contracted pkg started Apr 28, 2015 & ended 2 yrs later.. Although your constant increases in taxes, etc., has raised the price every few months, I've done my best to keep my plan it as is, even though I am on a fixed income (SSDI). To say that this month's increase of $82.43 was a complete shock is an extreme understatement & I am unable to pay the billed amount under my budget. I have tried calling to no avail to find the reason for such a large increase. As such, I am making the budgeted amount until resolved. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Official Employee

Re: This is unacceptable! $82.43 increase in bill with no contract or service change. Please help!

Hello NoCindy. Sudden increases in fees are usually at the end of a promotional/ discount period. Regarding promotional discounted offers, We offer an introductory rate for the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years depending upon the offer. After the introductory period offer expires, the price does go to what we call Everyday Price or regular rate. I can assist you with an account review to see if there are any offers available to better suit your needs. If you would like this, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Valued Contributor

Re: This is unacceptable! $82.43 increase in bill with no contract or service change. Please help!

ComcastJoeTru,

Thank you for your response and as requested I have tried to send a PM with the needed information but haven't been able to do so. I looked for instructions and found the following:

"How do I send a private message?

To send a private message:

Sign in to the community.

**Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
Click Compose New Message.
Enter the recipient's name in the Send to area.**

Note: Depending on your role in the community, you might be able to send a message to a group of users based on their role or rank in the community. If so, you can choose a role or a rank.
Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
Click Send Message."

I cannot find the portion I marked with stars. I tried highlighting that portion in red and when that didn't work, I tried Bold Italics but when I posted my reply neither worked, so I have marked the area with **---**. I don't know why the other attempts to highlight won't work, but at least you can see the area concerned. Can you please let me know if there is another way to PM you?  Thank you in advance.

Tags (1)
Valued Contributor

Is it possible for you to PM me and I can respond with the information as a response to your PM? Just an idea as I am still trying to find a way to PM you to no avail.

Thank you for any assistance you can give, it is much appreciated.

Expert

@NoCindy wrote:

Is it possible for you to PM me and I can respond with the information as a response to your PM? Just an idea as I am still trying to find a way to PM you to no avail.

Thank you for any assistance you can give, it is much appreciated.

Try clicking on ComcastJoeTru's name in his post above, then on Private Message Me.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

NoCindy, I'm following up for Joe. It looks like your PMs aren't active so I'll work on activating them for you. 

KenF

Valued Contributor

With the help of  

Official Employee

NoCindy, glad we were able to replace your promotion. Post again if you need anything. 

Valued Contributor

With a great deal help and patience from ComcastKenF, my problem has been resolved finally!! :smileygrin

Much appreciation and thanks, KenF!!