Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Terrible options for existing long term customers.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Terrible options for existing long term customers.

My bill is now over $200, I'm so tired of the annual call to negotiate. Comcast does not care about providing customers with fair prices. We've been customers over 15 years and it doesn't make any difference, new customers are treated like gold, not the rest of us. I'm very disappointed with existing options.

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: Terrible options for existing long term customers.

Hello @KMOBrown. We certainly care about our customers and want to ensure you are in a package that suits your needs. We offer new customers an introductory rate for the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years depending upon the offer. After the introductory period offer expires, the price does go to what we call Everyday Price or regular rate. This is our business model. We have many satisfied customers paying the Everyday Price for our products and services. I can assist you with an account review to see if there are any offers available to better suit your needs. If you would like this, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

All Replies
Official Employee

Hello @KMOBrown. We certainly care about our customers and want to ensure you are in a package that suits your needs. We offer new customers an introductory rate for the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years depending upon the offer. After the introductory period offer expires, the price does go to what we call Everyday Price or regular rate. This is our business model. We have many satisfied customers paying the Everyday Price for our products and services. I can assist you with an account review to see if there are any offers available to better suit your needs. If you would like this, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

New Poster

We are about to face the same scenario come October! My fiance is out of work temporarily and until we can get back up to normal (both working FT and helping each other out!), I am going to be forced to cancel the internet and go basic (free from our apartment complex), and THAT is so needed in our home, especially when looking for jobs, answering prospecting job emails and the like. We don't need the phone as we both have cell phones, but still, Comcast manages to overcharge or find something to increase the rates or excuses! Every time I call I end up cussing and stressing out over the phone, is this needed every time we call? We are honestly considering other service providers that offer a lot less for the same thing I have!

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your account number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

Regular Visitor

Totally agree!! Have been a customer for over 17 years in two different markets and I too am tired of calling! Were you satisfied w their review? Curious on that. Last time I called, they offered me a package that was MORE expensive than what  I have. That's real customer service for you.

Official Employee

Hi mimimanzler15. If you need any assistance with reviewing and choosing the offers on your account, I can help. Please let me know if you need any assistance.