Community Forum

Terrible customer service

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Contributor

Terrible customer service

i signed up for the X-1 system a little over two years ago. I was told by the agent that my rates wouldn't go up for the two year contract. They did go up a little several times, and when I called, they said I should have read the fine print. No! Your agents should tell the truth. Last month I got the notice of my upcoming bill and it had gone up another $10. I managed after much effort to get through to the Retention department and negotiated a new contract at a lower price, which is aboutr what it should have been on the old contract. Now, a month later, I get the e-mail about my upcoming bill, and it had gone up another $30. I went to support on the web site, and saw an option to recieve a call. When I tried it, it said I couldn't get a call until tomorrow. l couldn't find the actual customer service number anywhere on the web site so I had to Google it. I got an agent almost immediately, so obviously you had agents that could have talked to me today. She told me that bill had already been generated and it would be the new rate it was supposed to be, but it had been a month, so it should have shown the current amount. I had to waste my time calling to find out what the deal was. I'm also very angry that Comcast took away the ability to program my DVR from my laptop, which was one of the main selling points I signed up for the X-1 system. So, less service and you wanted to raise my rate anyway.