Community Forum

Technicians refusing to install internet service

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Technicians refusing to install internet service

I have had 3 technicians at my home. The first one gave my wife a bunch of BS as to why he couldn't hook up service. So the next technician I was home for. He was very helpful and showed me what I needed to do in order to have it hooked up. I removed the obstructions for a clear path to run the cable. The run was too long so I have a spot half way to have it tacked to. Then, continue the run to my spot pole so that the wire doesnt hang low and cause a bad connection. The third technician showed up at my house 30min before the time frame and never called 30min prior to arriving then got testy with me because I wasn't there. He called back and said the footage was too long no matter if there is a half way spot or not. Now, I am will more than likely be without service for my family Christmas because of ignorant lazy technicians who refuse to do their job and come up with excuses. I have a 2 port 14 tap pole across the street. The drop is less than 250ft with my spot pole in the back yard. I have a spot to tack the cable up to keep it level between the street pole and spot pole in the back yard. I will be contacting Public Affairs and get them involved on the matter. I thought Xfinity was supposed to be the best service in the business and they have had poor performance from everything I've seen.
Official Employee

Re: Technicians refusing to install internet service

Hi Ja03078, I I can review this further for you, and forward to the right team accordingly.  Could you please send me a private message with your account information (name on account, address and account number).

Thank you

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

Re: Technicians refusing to install internet service

Ja03078 wrote:
The drop is less than 250ft with my spot pole in the back yard. I have a spot to tack the cable up to keep it level between the street pole and spot pole in the back yard. 

The techs are correct, 250ft is too long for a standard drop line. Typically the max distance for a drop line is ~125ft. Cable is an isolated radio system (RF). RF weakens over distance (aka attenuation). If the line is too long, the signal will be too weak when it reaches you. You need a plant extension. This is something that would need to be evaluated by a cable engineer for feasibility. Typically the premise tech would have started this process. Perhaps @ComcastPhill will be able to look into that for you.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!