Community Forum

Technician charge

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Technician charge

Scheduled technician to come out due to problems with the internet.  Was not told we would be charged for that visit.  Issue was not resolved the first time and we still had no Ethernet connection.  This went on for a while.  Rescheduled technician to come back again because the issue was unresolved.  Turned out to be the "new" modem that we picked up from our local office.  Something was not working properly.  2nd visit resolved the issues with the internet but now the TV in one room isn't working properly.  Spoke with a couple of reps about having this fee removed from our bill but they absolutely would not hear of it.  I think we pay enough for our bundled package + taxes as it is.  Then to have malfunctioning equipment, multiple tech visits?  Interesting concept to expect more out of customers when your service is providing "less."

Official Employee

Re: Technician charge

Hello sjackson62. I can assist with reviewing the technician visit fee you were charged. I can also help with troubleshooting the cable service in the room that is not working properly. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Expert

Re: Technician charge

FYI: They owe you a $20 credit for every tech visit after the first for the same problem.You can also get a credit for your service from the time you first reported the issue until it is resolved.

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.