Community Forum

Tech Visit Charge for Work Done Outside Unit from Street to Unit Wiring

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Tech Visit Charge for Work Done Outside Unit from Street to Unit Wiring

Hi.

I am existing Xfinity customer at 3 service address as well as have 2 lines on Xfinity mobile. At one of my service addresses, I was improperly billed $60 for a technician visit who replaced bad connectors and splitters in the cabling in the building leading to my unit from the outside main box. I called multiple times in one month to have this removed but every billing rep just gave me the runaround. Finally, I thanked them for wasting my time and not being able to help me and hung up.

My unit is in a 24 unit building and apparently, Xfinity charges me for work done in the building outside my unit to fix their service which I pay for monthly. I learn a couple of new things in this experience. One is that for example if the main line to the building gets cut and all 24 Xfinity customers lose service, the first one who calls to fix their problem will pay for the tech which will fix all 24 units anyway. Two, I learnt that they don't care about customer service and argue over $60 and just wanted to sell me their $7/month protection plan which is their insurance plan to pay for your building and street line cuts. Three, I learnt they don't disclose this fee upfront when you are on the phone with them to fix the connectivity issues but it does come in the bill the following month which cannot be altered.

Improvements can definitely be made by helping loyal customers of 20+ years by not charging them improperly and pushing them off to other ISPs by this disservice.

Expert

Re: Tech Visit Charge for Work Done Outside Unit from Street to Unit Wiring

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
New Poster

Official Employee

Hello unhpyxfntycustr. I can review the technician visit fee you were charged. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!