Community Forum

TV service outage started 8pm Friday night

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

TV service outage started 8pm Friday night

TV cable out 14 hours so far, and website says this is "scheduled maintenance".  When it is "scheduled" to be back up? Your website should be more informative than "we know it's down".  If you know it's down, you should have an estimate for when it will be back up.   Over the weekend is ridiculous.   Pick a Monday night at midnight for Pete's sake.  The weekend is when I expect to be able to relax and watch a movie after a hard week's work.   Is there going to be a credit on my bill for this?

Expert

Re: TV service outage started 8pm Friday night

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

VSS1, let's take a look at the maintenance in your area. Once it is resolved, we can discuss a credit for the time your service was down. Please send me a private message (Click ComcastKenF and then click Private Message Me) with your phone number, account address, and full name for assistance.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I tried to private message you, but nothing I typed would show up in the private message box.  Not sure why.  Could be a security setting on my company issued laptop.  Anyway, I won't post my personal info here in this forum.  I ended up calling 800-Xfinity around 6 pm today, because it was still down.  He confirmed that there had been maintenance in my area, and then he sent several refresh signals to my TV box, in addition to me unplugging/replugging it, to finally get it to power up.  He said that sometimes after maintenance, some TV boxes don't refresh automatically.  I've never had that happen before.  So it is working now.  I had also posted my outage on my neighborhood Nextdoor, and a neighbor replied that they worked at Comcast and could help me.  I told him that it was working now after calling in, and thanked him for replying.  I didn't know there was going to be scheduled maintenance, and I didn't know how long it was "scheduled".  I waited, too patiently, thinking it would come back on soon, and finally called in after almost 24 hours.  I missed a movie Friday night, and the news Saturday morning, and a football game Saturday afternoon.

Expert

VSS1 wrote:

I tried to private message you, but nothing I typed would show up in the private message box.  Not sure why.  Could be a security setting on my company issued laptop.  Anyway, I won't post my personal info here in this forum.  I ended up calling 800-Xfinity around 6 pm today, because it was still down.  He confirmed that there had been maintenance in my area, and then he sent several refresh signals to my TV box, in addition to me unplugging/replugging it, to finally get it to power up.  He said that sometimes after maintenance, some TV boxes don't refresh automatically.  I've never had that happen before.  So it is working now.  I had also posted my outage on my neighborhood Nextdoor, and a neighbor replied that they worked at Comcast and could help me.  I told him that it was working now after calling in, and thanked him for replying.  I didn't know there was going to be scheduled maintenance, and I didn't know how long it was "scheduled".  I waited, too patiently, thinking it would come back on soon, and finally called in after almost 24 hours.  I missed a movie Friday night, and the news Saturday morning, and a football game Saturday afternoon.

that was probably me (not a Comcast employee but a helper on the forum). on Monday call into 800-Comcast and select billing and ask for credit for the total time service was out. Glad it is working now Smiley Happy

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.