Community Forum

TV Box + Remote Fee

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

TV Box + Remote Fee

In June the "TV Box + Remote" fee was broken out of the plan fee and charged separately. I have a 3-4 year old SD box/remote that came with my plan when I first ordered it and it does not work (Never has, I don't think they set up my cable correctly). I do not use it as I only use the tv stream service. I was told by support that even if I return the equipment I will still be charged this "equipment & services" fee. Is this everyones experience? 

Expert

Re: TV Box + Remote Fee

@karattack wrote:

In June the "TV Box + Remote" fee was broken out of the plan fee and charged separately. I have a 3-4 year old SD box/remote that came with my plan when I first ordered it and it does not work (Never has, I don't think they set up my cable correctly). I do not use it as I only use the tv stream service. I was told by support that even if I return the equipment I will still be charged this "equipment & services" fee. Is this everyones experience? 

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

You have to be setup on one of the xfinity stream plans (internet + stream service ONLY) without equipment, to not be charged for the primary equipment. The plan you are setup on, likely would not work without the equipment "attached" to it. So you would not be able to return your equipment, keep your plan, and remove that charge.
The only way you could do what you are looking for that I know of, is to get setup on one of the plans I mentioned, As an existing customer, your options may be limited though.
Official Employee

Hello karattack, the information that (JLDOOBLY) shared is correct. I can look into your account to see what exactly is going on so that we can get some options out to you. To get started, can you please send me a private message with your full name and account number? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!