Community Forum

Switch providers or cancel service and re-start?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Switch providers or cancel service and re-start?

I'm facing that dreaded time when my 2-year promotion has run out and either I switch providers or stay with Comcast if they can keep my prices within reason.  After a couple of calls to Comcast all they can do is bring down the new price about $20 and have me sign a new 2-year agreement.  This deal is not very enticing.  Customer service doesn't seem too eager to keep me on as a customer and even asked me if I wanted her to "go ahead and process the disconnection now" when I explained that the deal they were offering was way higher than AT&T Fiber.

Given that I can save over $60 per month by switching providers for the same level of service, this is sounding like the right move.  My question, before I do this, is the following: If I cancel services with Comcast today can I re-establish service through an authorized retailer tomorrow and take advantage of super low "new customer" promotions for signing a new 2-year agreement?  I'd honestly rather keep my current services through Comcast, but raising my monthly rate by 50% is a total deal-breaker for me.

Official Employee

Re: Switch providers or cancel service and re-start?

Hello KLM228. I can assist you with an account review to see if there are any offers available that may better suit your needs. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can help you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: Switch providers or cancel service and re-start?

@KLM228. Glad we were able to figure out an offer that works better for you. Thank you for creating the post, and thank you for using the Forums!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!