Community Forum

Switch-and-Bait Fraud in Mailed Xfinity Offers

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Switch-and-Bait Fraud in Mailed Xfinity Offers

I received multiple offers to upgrade my service.  The offer printed reads,

“As a valued XFINITY customer, we wanted to let you know about this great deal.  Upgrade now to get amazing entertainment, XFINITY xFi, and reliably fast Internet for just $29.99 per month for 12 months.  Plus, get an Internet upgrade for $10 more per month for 12 months, for a combined price of just $39.99 per month for 12 months with no term contract required.”

As an Xfinity customer I wanted the $29.99/month service offered in the first sentence.  I did NOT want to bump up the service for an additional $10/month.

I called the number on the letter 877-895-6115 and got an Ashley on the phone but was informed that there was no $29.99 deal.  I had to read the offer multiple times but got no further so I asked for a supervisor.  I was transferred to a person and had the same discussion where I was informed that this was a marketing center contracted by Comcast to just sell packages and they had no such offer available to them on their screens. 

So I was transferred to Comcast (supposedly) Customer Service.  I read the letter and the offer multiple times to Ella.  She could not help.  Ella said that she was in the Billing Department when I was transferred to the Promotion Department.  I read the letter multiple times again to the Promotion Department where I was told this offer had expired.  I then read the offer expiration date on the letter which is January 15, 2018. 

The woman said that I could get Internet service for $34.99/month and get a $5/month discount for autopay.  This was acceptable but when I was asked to review the order in an email no $5 autopay discount was shown.  I was then informed that the autopay discount did NOT APPLY to this offer.  One more fraudulent bait-and-switch tactic.

I asked for a supervisor.  At this point the Promotion Department connected to the original Ashley (who suddenly got promoted to supervisor to play the role of supervisor).  Once I asked her if she were the Ashley I already talked to she let the other Promotion Department person know that we had already talked.  She informed the person that she was NOT part of Comcast and had no authority to deal with this matter.

I asked to be transferred to the Comcast legal department.  I was told a supervisor from Comcast would contact me within 24 to 48 WORKING DAY HOURS.  In other words 3 to 6 working days.  My current Comcast service plan ends on December 24.

I spent nearly one hour on the phone getting this run-around and theater of insanity.

My transferring to AT&T service is looking more and more likely.

Has anyone else been able to resolve this type of problem and how was it accomplished?

Official Employee

Re: Switch-and-Bait Fraud in Mailed Xfinity Offers

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!