Community Forum

Strange phone call regarding Xfinity equipment

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Strange phone call regarding Xfinity equipment

About a half an hour ago my husband recieved a very strange phone call from a man named Leonard Ndambuki at <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Personal Information">. He was calling about our xfinity equipment and asking if it could be returned to him. We just moved out the house that had xfinity service & havent set any up at our new location. Not to mention, during all of the madness surounding moving we hadn't even had our service shut off yet at our old address. So for someone to be calling about our equipment to be returned is 10x stranger. We obviously said no and hung up and followed that up with calling Xfinity, canceling out service at that location and both of us tried askind phone reps about this phone number/call. Neither of us recieved any kind of helpful answer. The last time I recieved a strange call regarding Comcast I was able to call and talk to someone who looked the phone number up and immediatly told me that they didn't have any association with that phone number and it was clearly a scam. This time I spoke to two different people, both of whom asked more questions about me, our address, phone number, blood of my first born, etc. I got to a point where I even went and double checked that I had even called a real Comcast phone number, which I had. I just dont know why I was having norton anti-virus pushed on me instead of a simple "No, that person isn't with comcast/xfinity".

So, I guess my question is, has anyone else ever experienced something like this or have any idea what this nonsense would be?