Community Forum

Stolen hookup

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Stolen hookup

I live in a duplex my main cable wire is connected to my neighbors side. They currently do not have cable about an hour ago we had our tv on all of a sudden it shut off, we lost our phones and internet. I called Comcast and they said our modem was unplugged it’s not there is a light on it’s orange we have power. I think the neighbor unplugged our cable and plugged his in. Is there anything I can do about this we have a technician coming out tomorrow which doesn’t help us today. Also I found out that they had discovered our password and were hooking up to our internet I paused all of their devices.

Official Employee

Re: Stolen hookup

@BrenC wrote:

I live in a duplex my main cable wire is connected to my neighbors side. They currently do not have cable about an hour ago we had our tv on all of a sudden it shut off, we lost our phones and internet. I called Comcast and they said our modem was unplugged it’s not there is a light on it’s orange we have power. I think the neighbor unplugged our cable and plugged his in. Is there anything I can do about this we have a technician coming out tomorrow which doesn’t help us today. Also I found out that they had discovered our password and were hooking up to our internet I paused all of their devices.

Nothing much can be done until your appointment. Did you try talking to your neighbor to see exactly what happened?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

No because that will start a huge argument and I would like to avoid that. Can Comcast run a cable directly to our basement?

Official Employee

@BrenC wrote:

No because that will start a huge argument and I would like to avoid that. Can Comcast run a cable directly to our basement?

That will be up to the tech coming out, but there's probably a good reason why the cable is ran the way that it is. You may want to make sure you have an ROE (right of entry) from your landlord if the tech does need a different access point, just in case. You should also change your wifi info if you don't want your neighbors to have it.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I changed my WiFi info already of course I can’t change it again because I can’t get into Xfi to change it. I have access to next door I have a key and ROE from my landlord. The good reason was probably because this house was built in early 80’s and the family who built it had family live next door.