Community Forum

Still being charged a rental fee for a modem I own...

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Still being charged a rental fee for a modem I own...

I called on 2/19/18, as I received a text from Comcast stating they would be charging me a rental fee due to a "billing error."  The problem is, I own the modem and am still being charged the rental fee after calling Comcast and speaking to a CSR (customer service rep) who told me he'd have it corrected (ref 045531989). I was also supposed to receive an email stating it would be taken care of and the charges removed. As of today, 3/3/18, I received a bill and the online account still shows the partial and next month rental fee. I refuse to pay what I should not have to pay. Comcast is expensive enough without being charged high rental fees. Why is this still not taken care of???

Expert

Re: Still being charged a rental fee for a modem I own...

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am a volunteer Expert/Moderator, not an employee.

Official Employee

Re: Still being charged a rental fee for a modem I own...

Hi Bizybee7. I can assist with reviewing your account and bill for this modem rental fee you are being charged. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.