Community Forum

Someone Turned Off My Cable

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Someone Turned Off My Cable

A random person called and turned off my cable. An apartment mix up of some sort but I was never contacted before my account was shut off. I tried to get it turned back on and had to sign up for a new account. An account with less features than I previously had. Customer service did help and get me closer to where I need to be. But what kind of checks and balances do you have to prevent a random person from calling to shut off your cable? 

Valued Contributor

Re: Someone Turned Off My Cable

A random person does not have authority to have your service disconnected.

Somebody would have to take a lease/deed & ID in and prove they should have the service under their name, in order to have another person's service disconnected.
OR
A rep accidentally setup your service or theirs under the wrong address, so your service ended up disconnected because of the error.
Your service should never be disconnected besides what I explained above, and even then, someone should have confirmed with you. Errors happen, but it seems that at least 2 happened in your case.
Official Employee

Re: Someone Turned Off My Cable

Hello, JayRamsey! If you are still having troubles with your account or have any questions I would be more than happy to assist you. Please feel free to send me a Private Message with your full name so I can take a look. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message". 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!