Community Forum

Sold a package that I'm told doesn't actually exist, and no one will offer a reasonable fix.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Sold a package that I'm told doesn't actually exist, and no one will offer a reasonable fix.

On November 13, I spoke with a Comcast CSR based in India, who claimed to be in customer retention. I assume I was booted to customer retention because I called in and stated to the automated line that I wanted to downgrade. I called twice. The first rep could not offer me an internet only option for a reasonable price but offered upgraded internet speed and something called Instant TV. I had mentioned that I was interested in completely switching providers at that point and signing up for sling tv. I hung up and called WOW. <br><br>I was ready to switch, but could not understand WOW's rep due to a terrible connection, and decided to call Comcast back to see if I could get a better price. <br><br>I last spoke with Juma, also located in India, that night who also offered the same exact package the first two had offered. Upgraded internet to 75mbps, and Instant TV with no change to my current channel lineup (local channels and channels like MTV, A&E, History, etc), and HBO added in at no additional cost. It would be $67/mo after a $5 discount for also signing up for eco bill and auto pay. <br><br>I thought, ok, well, sling tv offered more channels for $40/mo, but that combined with with WOW internet still mashes my bill high. $67/mo for Comcast and all I have to do is stop using physical DVRs and use my phone, computer, or Roku. <br><br>I got talked into it, and we downgraded to internet plus stream tv with the promise of upgraded internet speed and the same channel lineup for $67/mo. <br><br>I immediately went online at the conclusion of this call, and signed up for eco bill and auto pay to get my $5/mo discount. All was good. <br><br>Around a week ago, all my channels aside from locals, HBO, and some channels once never heard of... Disappeared. <br><br>This was following trying to watch a DVRd show from history channel which repeatedly stopped 30 seconds in on all devices with a DRM-3 error, and an error earlier in the day telling me something went wrong. I had noticed online that I was being charged for instant TV but upon trying to access options for it in my account was given an error that told me I wasn't an instant tv customer... Though I checked my bill and I was billed for it. <br><br>Something is fishy.<br><br>I called to report that my channels had gone missing. <br><br>I was told by Amir, still based in India, that something was definitely wrong and Comcast had up to 48 hrs to remedy it. This CSR took my phone number and confirmed that it would be ok for Comcast to contact me with any questions. I said yes. There was a call from them, which was dead air. Then a voicemail was left later on 1 minute and 29 seconds in length. It was only about filling out a survey and their inability to reach me (I answered and no one was there) and that CSR was extremely hard to understand, but I gather her name to be Andrea. <br><br>Anyway, I finally had time tonight to call Comcast back and was finally connected to some CSRs who are not based in India, but the U.S.. <br><br>First I spoke with a nice lady who I think was named Jen, who agreed something looked wrong. She said she didn't have the resources to address it and she transferred me. <br><br>I ended up on the phone with Charles. I reiterated my issue to Charles that I had signed up for internet plus stream tv for $67/mo with a certain set of channels, and several weeks after the service change my channels went missing. I rehashed how I noticed that the channels were gone. <br><br>Charles then told me that he didn't know why I would have been offered such a package, as nothing like that exists. The only channels available to stream tv customers are locals and HBO, according to him. I firmly expressed to Charles that I had spoken with two separate CSRs the night I downgraded, that I was talked into the package with the promise that I'd still have all the channels I already had, and nothing would change except that we wouldn't use DVR boxes anymore. I told him I would have never agreed to the deal otherwise, because I was ready to leave Comcast for wow and use sling tv at the time. <br><br>After getting nowhere with Charles, I requested to talk to someone who could remedy the issue tonight as I have been without the service I signed up for for quite a while now. <br><br>Jeffrey answered the phone next and basically called me a liar. He is the most awful CSR from any company that I have ever spoken with. He restated what Charles said, and added that I could go with an internet only option or upgrade. I told him that that's exactly NOT what I want to do and I have no intention of paying for anything other than what I signed up for, for the price I signed up for. Their internet only packages are not cost effective, and I'm not paying more for the channels I had just a week ago under the promised $67/mo deal. He stated that there is no such package, and they have no way of giving me the channels I was told I would have for the price I was told I would pay. <br><br>I got angry, of course (I was just called a liar by two separate reps), and requested to speak to someone who could make this right because this is false advertising at best. He stated here was no one else to speak with at the time. I requested that he pull the recorded phone calls from the night I downgraded, who he stated he would do but that they are proprietary in nature, I would never hear them, and that they'd only use the calls for an internal investigation. I said I wanted a call back from someone about this and he told me "that won't happen we don't do that." I stated I would come to reddit with my issue, Facebook, and contact the FCC. He told me he'd document what I'd said I'd do.<br><br>Jeffrey refused to transfer me anywhere or offer any kind of help other than basically telling me the package doesn't exist, I'm SOL, they can offer me something else at an entirely different rate, and stating that no one else was available. <br><br>I stayed on the line with him while he apparently documented the call, and when he told me he was going to hang up I told him that he needed to transfer me to customer retention as that is who originally signed me up for this package. He said he would try. He transferred me to Jan who was nice, but doesn't work in retention, seemed to want to help me, but couldn't, and added y something was wrong and I should call into retention in the morning... Which I can't, because I work. <br><br>I just want the package I signed up for, with the channel lineup I was promised, for the price I was promised. I'm extremely angry at how Charles and Jeffrey handled my call tonight. I've never been spoken to with such disrespect by a CSR in my life, and the fact that someone goofed and/or lied to me just to keep a customer... and I'll just expected to eat it according to them is UNBELIEVABLE. <br><br>I'm completely astounded by the lack of any type of customer service on their part tonight. I have never had a company goof up (was there really a mix up? Or are they just unable to do their job?) and just expect me to pay more for what I was promised, or accept less service for more money. Completely insane! <br><br><br>Holy cow. I should have absolutely left Comcast last month when I was going to. <br><br>I still plan to file an FCC complaint whether this is resolved or not. <br>
New Poster

Re: Sold a package that I'm told doesn't actually exist, and no one will offer a reasonable fix.

You're not alone.  I just posted a similar complaint.  Bait and Switch scammers.

Regular Visitor

Re: Sold a package that I'm told doesn't actually exist, and no one will offer a reasonable fix.

So am I just going to make a complaint to the FCC then? This is absolutely ridiculous.
Expert

way_weird514 wrote:
So am I just going to make a complaint to the FCC then? This is absolutely ridiculous.

Since you have posted on our Reddit forum, I am going to close this.  The same Official Employees that monitor and help here do the same here.

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!