Community Forum

So many issues with the home security system

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

So many issues with the home security system

Every time I turn around there is another issue with my home security system. At first, when I first talked to a rep in Walmart about switching to Xfinity, she told me "what if I could give you a home security system, with cameras, a way to turn on lights, and a way to turn down your thermostat, when your not home for the price you are paying Verizon for just tv, internet and phone?" I was like "really? that sounds amazing!" I went home and told my husband everything she told me. Then the installers for the home security system came and said "oh no, you only get 2 door sensors, and either 3 window sensors, or a motion detector, there are no cameras, thermostat controls, or lighting controls. If you want that here is our website to buy all the additional things you will need." Well whatever I was like, I guess I already signed, so I will take what your installing. BIG MISTAKE. Everytime I turn around there is "an issue" with the system. It started with one of our door sensors. I had xfinity out to see what was going on, ( after about 4 phone calls where they tried to fix it over the phone). They said they fixed it, 2 days later, its down again. I was so mad that they had litterally just been here. Then the power goes out, and the key pad by the door never comes back on. I called again and they said "we will send someone out" at this point I dont want anyone to be sent out I want the whole system removed. I was lied to from the start, made to look like a liar in front of my family (when I told them "guys we will have cameras, be able to control lights, and the thermostat! It's going to be amazing!) and now after many phone calls and issues, you want me to spend another 4 hours waiting for someone to fix yet another problem? I want it off my package ASAP.

Expert

Re: So many issues with the home security system

Be aware that there is an early termination fee if you signed a contract. It can be substantial. Smiley Sad

I am a volunteer Expert/Moderator, not an employee.