Community Forum

Sneaky Comcast

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Sneaky Comcast

My original contract began Sept 2014 and ended Sept 2016 where at that time I renegotiated with someone to receive the same price for another year, which would mean that the contract would end Sept 2017 (this month).  This last bill reflected an increase in my bundle price.  When I contacted someone to try to renegotiate and be able to continue paying the same price that I had paid for the past 3 years.  A CSR informed me that there were no promotions at this time and that they were unable to help me on decreasing my bill.  When I asked about termination (since my contract was fulfilled) I was told that I would be charged early termination fees.  I was told that my contract would be up March 2018 and I would not be charged for early termination at that time.  In March of 2017 I transferred my existing service as I moved from one town to another.  There were no changes made to my plan, I only transferred my existing service that I had agreed upon that was good from Sept 2016 to Sept 2017.  Apparently Comcast chose to begin a new contract agreement at the time I transferred service before my previous contract had run out (I was not aware of this, no one informed me that this was taking place at the time of my transfer of service).  This month is Sept 2017, the month my previously agreed upon contract was to end.  This month Sept 2017 my plan charges increased.  Now my questions are:  If my contract was completed in Sept 2017 why can I not terminate my services without being charged early termination fees????  - OR-   If a new contract was begun by Comcast (without my consent)  when I transferred service in March 2017, why did the plan price change in the middle of the contract?  (I never agreed to beginning a new year contract in March of 2017, I only wanted service transferred).  Don't you think Comcast should honor the previously agreed upon plan pricing or allow me to terminate their services without early termination fees? 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Sneaky Comcast

You should make sure you didn't sign anything and if you didn't then they have no choice but to honor your contact. If they don't help you I would be making some phone calls.
Official Employee

Re: Sneaky Comcast

Hi rnbusmgr. I can help review your current services and agreement details. I'll need to access your account to help you. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you.