Community Forum

Slowdown

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Slowdown

Yesterday my internet was running at 30 mbps. Today I rebooted and it is running at 100 mbps. At these speeds I could use Centurlylink and save myself a bundle of money. No, I don't want to chat with anybody to "fix" the problem. Last time I did that it took an hour out of my day and they sent somebody to fix something that ended up being a problem outside the house and they they tried to bill me. No, I don't want to carve an hour out of my day and call someone who will just try and talk me into sending someone so that they can try and bill me again. The issue is not inside the house on my network. The easiest thing to do, believe it or not, would be to switch to Centurlink and just pay the correct price for the service level I am currently getting. Probably time to cut the cord and buy my TV streaming. Unfortunately we're stuck with this monopoly behavior until Elon Musk gets his constellation of internet satellites aloft. Of course Comcast won't take that seriously. While they try and buy content(Sky), Musk will steal their pipeline right out from under them. The internet/TV world after 2020 will be different and better.

Expert

Re: Slowdown

You can do some troubleshooting on your own (See the troubleshooting guide.) or you can wait for Elon Musk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Forums stick this horrible banner after all my posts automatically. I'm sorry.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

On the surface, this appears to be a very helpful response. Thank you.

Expert

If you still need help, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. We'll see if we can help

The Forums stick this horrible banner after all my posts automatically. I'm sorry.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!