Community Forum

Slow upload speed and being given the run around by Comcast

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Slow upload speed and being given the run around by Comcast

Hi all

I've been having really slow upload speed for the past 6 months and at the end of my rope now in trying to get it resolved. I've had countless techs out and each one is as clueless (and young) as the last. I'm getting about 110mbps down and around 0.9-2mbps upload. As I type this I'm getting exactly 116 down and 1.6 up. 

I'm using my own Zoom modem but I've had it switched to an Xfinity provided one and the numbers didn't change. Also these speeds are hard wired not wi-fi.

I've had techs change the cables or strip the ends. They've added a booster in the loft. They've even bypassed the under ground line to the input on the outside of the house and the numbers are still bad. Now, the techs won't do anything. Instead they tell me they've logged a "JB Ticket" whatever that is and give me a ticket #. When I call customer service a few days later they tell me they never heard of any ticket and nothing was logged by the tech. That was -2 techs ago. Last tech told me something must be wrong with neighborhood and a truck will need to be sent out. I've seen these trucks on various streets in my neighborhood, the ones with the bucket lifts on the back, but it's been a week now and still nothing has changed. The last tech told me to run the Xfinity speed test every day and he'd get an alert if it fell below a certain threshold. I have a sneaky suspicion this was a bunch of balony because I haven't had anyone follow up.

I honestly don't know what more I can do, other than switch to AT&T but that's not subisdised in my neighborhood. Every call I place to Customer Service they act like they never heard of any issues. 

So I come here for help. Is there anything I can do either to troubleshoot myself, or at minimum what do I need to tell these techs to look for? Every one that comes out looks about 19 stands there and scratches their head. Maybe I just need to start holding their hands a bit more.

Thanks!

Expert

Re: Slow upload speed and being given the run around by Comcast

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

FYI: They owe you a $20 credit for every tech visit after the first for the same problem.You can also get a credit for your service from the time you first reported the issue until it is resolved.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Slow upload speed and being given the run around by Comcast

Hello mrl72. We apologize for any inconvenience. I can assist with troubleshooting your internet issues toward a resolution. We may need to get another technician out. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!