Community Forum

Signed up for Promo with a guaranteed Price lock for 2 yrs but they rasied rate

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Signed up for Promo with a guaranteed Price lock for 2 yrs but they rasied rate

In October 2017 I changed by Comcast plan.    I spoke to a representative about different plans and pricing.     I decided to go with a triple play plan that had a guaranteed rate lock for 2 years.    Well I received my November bill and the rate was more than $10 higher than the rate I was quoted with taxes included.    When I spoke to  a Comcast representative about this he confirmed that my bill should only be the estimated $190/month (with taxes).   Again I confirmed with the representative that this quoted rate would be locked for 2 years- never increasing.       Now I get my December bill and it is once again over $200.   I  call Comcast again and am told that the higher rate is due to a rate increase even though I have been told by Comcast representatives 2-3 time that my monthly plan rate would be the $190/month and it is locked for 2 years.          When I push the representative to explain in more detail I am informed that their cost have gone up so my monthly plan rate increased.   I ask why and am told the higher rate is correct.  I then ask to speak to a manager.  I hold for 5-10 minutes and them am told that due to being the end of the shift a manager would call me back tomorrow.    

I am still confused as to why I can be told multiple times that my plan rate is locked for 2 years and will not change during that time but, not Comcast is increasing my rate.        

Tags (1)
Expert

Re: Signed up for Promo with a guaranteed Price lock for 2 yrs but they rasied rate

Your bundled rate should stay the same, but any equipment fees, taxes and surcharges may increase over time.    Did you compare your bills to see where the increase was made?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Signed up for Promo with a guaranteed Price lock for 2 yrs but they rasied rate

i reviewed my October bill and noticed that the Additional products, services and equipement is only $1.00 higher and the Other Charges & Cedits is only $2.00 higher on the bill I received yesterday.

The tax difference is only about $1.00.

This is only a $4.00 increase not a $13.00 dollar increase

Plesae explain

Frequent Visitor

I just went through this with Comcast.  I agreed to a two year contract for $162.00 for two years.  This December made only one year.  They upped my bill by 30.00.  I have been repeatedly on phone with them and customer solutions and they said I knew it would go up for a year.  Nonsense.  They lie and cheat their customers big time.  The only reason I agreed to a two year contract because the representative promised me over and over it wouldn't go up for two years.  After arguing with them for about two weeks all they would agree to is put me in lower package with less channels and yet I am still paying $12.00 more.  I feel Comcast lies, breaks contracts and all they want is money.  If I could get rid of them I would but this apt building can only get Comcast.  I wish you the best luck with this.  Keep calling them!

Official Employee

Hello @bmc01. I can assist with a review of your bill to investigate where the increase came from. As expert forums user 'Again' stated, agreement pricing does not include equipment, a-la-cart pricing, or taxes and fees. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Frequent Visitor

I understand that the price freeze only applies to the package rate.

But, when I compare my October Bill to the last bill I received I only saw a $4-5 increase for all equipment, a-la-cart pricing, or taxes and fees.   This did not add up to the $13-14 increase in my bill.

Please explain in detail ( i.e. by each line item)

Also, I spoke to a Customer Service rep over the phone and was told a Manager would call me back the next day.   Will it has been 5 days and still not call back from a Manager.   Also,  I still have not received my new Xfinity digital box (to replace my DVR) as promised when I switched packages in October.

So in closing there are three (3) items that need to be addressed for my account.     If the Xfinity digital box is a higher price than the DVR then I would expect Comcast not to charge me the higher equipement charge as Comcast has not provided the new piece of equipement to me even though I have requested it multiple times since I changed services.

Frequent Visitor

please let me know

Official Employee

@bmc01. I can begin to look into these issues once I gain access to your account.  Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. Click my name (ComcastJoeTru) and click Private Message Me.

New Poster

I am in the same situation - increasing rates, despite understanding that I had a locked rate.  The problem is that  customers of Comcast were not informed the 2 year rate lock was not really a two year rate lock.  No one at Comcast explained that fees on equipment needed to access the bundled services, which were apparently not included in the "bundle," could increase.  Instead they stressed the rate was locked in for two years.  Now, well before the two years is over, surprised customers learn the rate lock was not a rate lock at all. Equipment that is now a year older, not working properly, and not up to date, now costs more.  So let's see if I Understand this, the rate is locked, so long as you don't access any of the bundled services.  You can have your internet service, you can have TV service, at the agreed rate, so long as you return all the equipment needed to use it.

Great

Lesson Learned

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and  full service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

New Poster

They did the same to me.  I locked in a rate for 2 years in July 2017.  Then my plan went up $5 in Dec/Jan 2018.  I called on 1/9/18 and they gave me a $5 credit and said that they adjusted my bill for the following locked in rate months.  That was not the case.  Now I'm paying $5 more a month for the same internet only service and I even own my own modem.  Comcast will take money from you any way they can, even if it is only $5 more a month.  $5 is $5!!!!!

Official Employee

Hi @bbmake4

Sorry you feel this way. I'd be more than happy to review your account to see if there are any promotions available for your internet only service to see if we can help you save that $5 or more. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.