Community Forum

Signal drops consistently

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Signal drops consistently

Several times/day my signal drops. This causes my Internet to stop, and also my DVR box to re-boot itself. Cables from the street to the house have been replaced. This has been a problem for 7 weeks. 4 sets of tech support visits to the house. The most recent tech guy said my neighbor reports the same problem. We are simply power-cycling my modem several times per day (and the DVR box randomly reboots itself several times per day). The tech said the signal drop must be on Comcast's end. None of which fixes the problem. He suggests that I log the times of day when the drops are occuring, so a techie can come back at one of those times and (possibly) see the signal drop for himself (to better trouble-shoot). You MUST be kidding, guy! How about Comcast just deliver a turn-key, non-dropping signal? How do I get a refund?

Expert

Re: Signal drops consistently

@rgbburn00 wrote:

Several times/day my signal drops. This causes my Internet to stop, and also my DVR box to re-boot itself. Cables from the street to the house have been replaced. This has been a problem for 7 weeks. 4 sets of tech support visits to the house. The most recent tech guy said my neighbor reports the same problem. We are simply power-cycling my modem several times per day (and the DVR box randomly reboots itself several times per day). The tech said the signal drop must be on Comcast's end. None of which fixes the problem. He suggests that I log the times of day when the drops are occuring, so a techie can come back at one of those times and (possibly) see the signal drop for himself (to better trouble-shoot). You MUST be kidding, guy! How about Comcast just deliver a turn-key, non-dropping signal? How do I get a refund?

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Signal drops consistently

Hello rgbburn00. We apologize for any inconvenience with the intermittent service issues. I can assist in getting this isolated for you, and help you get this resolved. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!