Community Forum

Setting up secondary account at rental house

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Setting up secondary account at rental house

What do I need to do to setup internet at a rental house that I have? I'm in Houston - the house is in Galveston. I went down there in September and wanted to get it done quickly and bought and setup the prepaid internet because I wanted to do it all that day. I spoke to an Xfinity rep the other day in a store and explained that the tenant says the internet is slow and last time I was there it was very slow. I pay the bill for them anyway so for the 45.00 I'm paying for that prepaid internet I can probably get at least 100mb and it'll be easier to have it all on one bill. I work in the Woodlands but live in Houston. I won't be back in the Woodlands to see that guy in person but I do want to go down to Galveston in the next few days and take my old modem and router and setup down there but I want to be sure this is pre-provisioned or pre-setup before I go. One agent told me that he could set it up for activation at a future date and when I went there I do the self activation and it'll immediately kill the prepaid. Don't care about the prepaid but I don't want to do anything and kill their service and I'm not able to get down there. Hopefully this wasn't too complicated but to put it simple - have a rent house in Galveston - there is service there we setup same day back in September with prepaid - don't care about that. I recently upgraded myself to gigabit here in Houston and will give them my DOCSIS 3.0 equipment - just need internet. Who should I contact? Thanks.
Expert

Re: Setting up secondary account at rental house

tf9623 wrote:
What do I need to do to setup internet at a rental house that I have? I'm in Houston - the house is in Galveston. I went down there in September and wanted to get it done quickly and bought and setup the prepaid internet because I wanted to do it all that day. I spoke to an Xfinity rep the other day in a store and explained that the tenant says the internet is slow and last time I was there it was very slow. I pay the bill for them anyway so for the 45.00 I'm paying for that prepaid internet I can probably get at least 100mb and it'll be easier to have it all on one bill. I work in the Woodlands but live in Houston. I won't be back in the Woodlands to see that guy in person but I do want to go down to Galveston in the next few days and take my old modem and router and setup down there but I want to be sure this is pre-provisioned or pre-setup before I go. One agent told me that he could set it up for activation at a future date and when I went there I do the self activation and it'll immediately kill the prepaid. Don't care about the prepaid but I don't want to do anything and kill their service and I'm not able to get down there. Hopefully this wasn't too complicated but to put it simple - have a rent house in Galveston - there is service there we setup same day back in September with prepaid - don't care about that. I recently upgraded myself to gigabit here in Houston and will give them my DOCSIS 3.0 equipment - just need internet. Who should I contact? Thanks.

You will probably need to set up a whole new account with the bill being sent to your address or if the new account is in your name have the accounts linked.  Get in touch with the office in Galveston.

Before you give them your old DOCSIS 3.0 equipment make sure it is no longer associated with your account [check, double check, triple check to make sure it is removed] because there might be a major problem getting it provisioned at the rental under a new account number.

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: Setting up secondary account at rental house

Hi, tf9623 - If you send me your full name, both addresses, and a phone number in a private message - I can check what we can with 2 accounts. Thank you!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!