Community Forum

Service cut off after my 90 year old mother asked for the dvr to be taken off her bill.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Service cut off after my 90 year old mother asked for the dvr to be taken off her bill.

My 89 year old mother called Comcast today to have her dvr taken off her bill. They cut off all of her service and said that there wouldn't be anyone available until Wednesday,March 14th?? She then asked for the service to stay until someone was available sooner....the rep said it was too late and couldn't do anything to turn it back on. WTH??

Expert

Re: Service cut off after my 90 year old mother asked for the dvr to be taken off her bill.

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

PS you might want to have your mom call an add you as an authorized user, then you can deal with Comast directly on her behalf. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Service cut off after my 90 year old mother asked for the dvr to be taken off her bill.

Yes, I plan on adding myself or my son. I'm hoping this can be resolved and her service restored ASAP. There has to be someone available before Wednesday of next week. Her service was not to be disconnected!!! The customer service was not helpful in any way!!! 

Official Employee

Hi KML27,

Sorry for the inconvenience. I'd like to see what I can do to make this right.  In order for me to be able to speak with you, I will need your mother to call in to have you added as an authorized user. Please let me know once this was done by reaching out to me in a private message verifying your first and last name and the account holder's first and last name, the full street address - including city, state, and zip code, and the phone number or account number associated with your mother's services and we can start there. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!