Community Forum

Service at New Construction

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Service at New Construction

Update #3 --> The issue was resolved.  It took a lot of time and frustration but the work was finally complete.  Thanks to those that helped!

Update #2 -->  Two more weeks have passed and still no closer to getting answers than before.  I was told that the issue was escalated and promised that I would get a call by a local supervisor in 24 hours.  It has been almost a week and still no call!  Anyone have suggestions?  This is extremely frustrating.  

Update -->  After waiting a week to check the status of a tap, I was told that an order was not even submitted by the technician that came to my home the first time.  I was told that the work could be completed and the account was noted but I had to schedule a new appointment.  Here it is a week later and another technician came out.  He says he cannot complete the job either and now ANOTHER request has been made for a construction crew to run a new line and the ETA is two weeks.  That is absolutely unacceptable!  I ask for escalation since the I was already messed over by the first individual that came and was told to call the 800 number. What??  In my years of dealing with Comcast, this is by far the worst experience.  For those reading this and moving into newly built home, you may want to find another provider that can get things done in a timely manner and with technicians that will at least put in a request to complete work he or she is not capable of doing.  

I have recently purchased a newly constructed home and I have been trying to get service now for several weeks. I have been told several times that my address is not serviceable but got past that hurdle. Now I was told by the installer that a tap needs to be installed.  I called to follow up and they are saying the builder should do this. However, the local technician said that the request for the tap was sent and will be done in a few days. I cannot get any answers on timeline or if the request was actually made at all.  I don't understand why no one can contact local technicians or get status.  Can someone PLEASE help?  This is dragging on too long and I work from home. I need service as soon as possible.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Service at New Construction

Hello Cfran6, I can check in our system and update you on our progress on bringing your new home services. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

I sent a private message with details.  How can I get this issue escalated since a week has been wasted with a technician who did not do what he said he would do?  

Frequent Visitor

Another few weeks has gone by and the third technician has come to my home.  He is the third person to say that I need a tap installed.  I don't understand why three people can say the same thing but no one has installed a tap.  This work was supposed to be done last week and the work order was said to have been completed.  However, after over a month of back and forth there is still no tap and no service. What is the problem and why is it so difficult to get service?  This has been a nightmare!  

Frequent Visitor

Just updating the status for anyone interested.  The issue was finally resolved!  Thanks to the crew in the xfinity crew here in the forums for the help.  It took serveral techs to come out but just keep trying until you get someone that is interested in solving your problem.  Maybe easier said than done but once I was able to get in touch with someone local, things went faster.  It has been a major hassle.