Community Forum

Service Outage

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Service Outage

Outages have occurred the past 3 days.  Will my account be credited for the outages?

Problem Solver

Re: Service Outage

Hi TomM2,

Yes, once the outage is over, you can contact us or customer service and your account will be credited accordingly.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Hi TomM2,

FOR THOSE AFFECTED BY IRMA IN FLORIDA:

This is not entirely true as comcast is picking and choosing how to answer this question.  When you do get power back, assuming you do not have power, Comcast would still need to assess their crappy equipment and then fix it so you can get service.  That said it will be longer that you will be out of service.  Further once you do have service, yes you can call comcast and request a credit, but thats when the fighting for the appropriate credit will begin.  You should be credited not only for the time you DO NOT have service, but also the proportionate taxes and fees to the credit that you should receive.  Don't bother with their chat service as you will get nowhere there.  You, apparently, also have the option of filling out an online form that you do not get confirmation from comcast that you submitted to them (noticed that you cant even email comcast anymore?).  That form page is https://www.xfinity.com/florida-form.

Good Luck...i've just begun to fight for my credit.

Official Employee

TomM2, I see that you've recently posted about an area interruption with your Comcast services. PM your account # so I can look into this? Once the services have been restored, just reach out here and we can apply an adjustment to your account. ComcastDanB

Official Employee

6 month old thread closed.