Community Forum

Service Issues and Feedback?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Contributor

Service Issues and Feedback?

My Phone and Internet went out last night, so I reported it and scheduled service today.  What happened next is just bizarre:

1 - I wake up and see there is now a reported service outage.

2 - The Tech shows up and I tell him I see there is a reported outage, but he suggests that's not the problem - OK, let's make sure.

3 - The Tech checks levels inside, outside, reboots modem - then decides the problem is with the Netgear C7100V modem.  OK, I have an old SB6120 - really old.

4 - He puts the old SB6120 on and it doesn't work either, so after messing around with it for 30 minutes or so, he finally says it needs to be configured in my account - I think he had no idea how to do it.  But he's been there for two hours now and says he has to leave - gives me the number to call to get that done.  Great.

5 - At least I see on my xfinity phone app, the outage has cleared, but my Internet and Phone are still not working.

6 - I call in and get the person tells me that since I have a voice account, the SB6120 modem cannot be configured to work on my account...then I get cut off...

7 - I call back, the next person says YES, the SB6120 can be used, and after some troulbe-shooting, the phone tech puts the old SB6120 modem on the system - and it does NOT work!

8 - Finally she sees a configuration issue with it, "wallgarden" whatever, fixes that, and voila, Internet is back up.

9 - She also tells me that my Netgear C7100V is just lately no longer supported - I have had it less than a year; it has hardly been available a year!  Yet, when I go to my account and look at supported devices, there it is.  Great!  Then she suggest maybe it has died.  OK - maybe...

10 - I call Netgear and tell them the modem is no longer working asking for warranty support.  They tell me to put it back online and they can configure it - sounds crazy, but what the heck...

11 - I call Comcast back and now it is very difficult to get to service because "an outage is in my area" again, but I finally get someone to put the C7100V back online and they do...

12 - and voila, Internet and Voice are back working with the C7100V.  What the????

It seems that Xfinity Service Techs, phone and in person, often have no idea how to troubleshoot problems.  I was told

- my C7100V modem was dead,

- my SB6120 modem could not work on my account,

- my C7100V modem was no longer supported,

- and finally that an outage probably caused the entire situation - that final one I believe is true, the rest WAGs or completely incorrect information and incorrect attempts at a solution.  

I wasted my entire day from 10am on with this because Xfinity does have decent diagnostic tools or their techs do not know how to use them even when an outage is showing on the system.  Either way...ugh!  When it works, it is great, but when there is a problem, God help you - you will be incredibly lucky to find someone working at Xfinity who knows what is going on or that won't blow smoke.  Yes they have a few and I have gotten lucky a few times with persistence; today was a major bust. Smiley Sad

So, what is the feedback process for these techs giving out incorrect information and making terrible service errors?  I think there is none, so they'll keep doing the same thing.

Admin1

Re: Service Issues and Feedback?

Hi screenname137 -- You can send that kind of feedback here: https://survey.foreseeresults.com/survey/display?sid=feedbackTV-en&cid=R9RRtJoQ98EENQoRBJ0Mhg==&patt...

I do want to see if you were able to get all your service issues resolved or if there are any further questions you have that I can answer. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!