Community Forum

Sent to Collections by Error and Horrible Service

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Sent to Collections by Error and Horrible Service

My ex-wife and I just found out last week we were accidentally sent to collections.  She closed our joint account in June and paid the final bill but some error happened and we were sent to collections.  I went into the Bellingham, WA store and was treated to some of the worst service ever.  Initially they tried to tell insinuate this was my ex trying to screw me over, then tried to tell me it was in fact a legitimate bill and I owed them money.  Finally they realized she had paid the final bill and if we had actually owed money she shouldn't have been able to open a new account the same day and I shouldn't have been able to open mine up a couple months later.  I'd been telling them this the entire time and finally they decided I wasn't some low-life who was lying to them.  But then they told me flat-out they wouldn't help me and I had to go to the Seattle location where my ex closed the account.  The best part was it was the manager, named Sean, who told me this and he took no accountability with the situation and basically told me to leave.  The part that really upset me was when I mentioned how I had asked my attorney if this collection could hurt my business because I have to submit credit reports with some clients before they'll put me on contract and the manager immediately began to act like I had threatened to sue Comcast and told me he could no longer speak to me.  It was a disaster.  I tried to call a regional rep to see if they could help and to compain about the Bellingham store.  I left a message just asking for her to call me back but she won't return my call.  I spoke to a supervisor at the call center who said he would get back to me the next day and he never did.  After I left the store last week I called Comcast again and was told they would open a ticket with the research team to look into this and it would take 2-3 days to get back to me.  It's been over a week now and no one has gotten back to me.  We also emailed the guy at the Seattle store who helped my ex and he said he and his manager would get back to us but we haven't heard from them either.  Meanwhile, my ex and I getting collection calls and our credit score has been hit hard.  To top it off, I called again for an update today and was told the department I needed to speak to was an internal department and I couldn't be transferred to them and the agent couldn't even call them but my issue was "escalated" on the ticket.  I'm trying to be level headed with all of this but I can't believe there is no accountability on behalf anyone in Comcast to simply correct this error or at least call me back.  Could someone from Comcast just resolve this issue, call me back and please do something about the terrible way I was treated at the store in Bellingham, WA?

Expert

Re: Sent to Collections by Error and Horrible Service

Was your equipment returned?  If so did your ex-wife get a receipt for it?  The receipt would be all you would need to get this resolved.  [Equipment needs to be returned within 10 days of canceling an account.]

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

She wasn't returning equipment. She was closing our joint account and opening her new account and it was all at the same residence so nothing was supposed to change.  The package she had wasn't changing and they were simply opening the account and she paid off the amount owed from the final bill. Yes, we have the receipt and Comcast has told us this was an error on their part but they seem to be doing nothing to fix it in a timely manner and have failed to get back to us in about 5 different ways.  Plus, the complete lack of initiative from the store I use was really the worst experience I've had with Comcast.

Admin1

Hi KRK21 -- I can help with that collections issue. Can you PM me the account details so I can look at this please?

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

Regular Visitor

Zach,

When I click the link to PM you it takes me to a blank page.  Is there another way you can get a hold of me?

Thanks