Community Forum

Sending me to India!!!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Sending me to India!!!

Almost ready to cancel my Comcast and I love Comcast..However, when I call I want someone in the US who speaks English, is polite and helpful, and I can understand.

The other our DVR went out, took it down and switched it out, came home, no instructions on how to hook up, so called Comcast, we first spoke to a very nice young man who was helpful, but our phone died and lost, then called from cell phone, spoke to a girl in India, who barely spoke English, we got some wires hooked up, and disconnected call. The TV did not work, called back and spoke to another girl in India, she was rude and condisending to my husband, he handed me the phone and I asked for someone in the US.Was told she could not transfer, not allowed to. Called today, samething, landed in India, asked for someone in the US, the girl wanted to know why calling, told her to give me to someone in the US, She sent my call back to the call Que, I hit billing and landed in Mexico, a very nice young man then got me to a very helpful and nice lady in the US, who spent time with us, but the DVR would not work, she has setup an appt to have a tach come out.

First off, I do not want to talk to India, I want to talk to someone in the US, who I can understand. Secondly, what happened to the Comcast Customer Service that "WAS" so wonderful. I pay $200.00 for all my features and this has been ridiculous. Seriously thinking of going elsewhere.....And I love Comcast.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Sending me to India!!!

did you call and get the box activated??  Also try to call between 9-5 m-f.   If you post the make and model of the box and how you have it hooked up to the tv, anyone here can tell you how to hook it up, in most cases its a single wire that would take you 2 minutes to hook up.   While us customers here cant help you with india we can help you get that box working and save you the service call fee.  You are aware you are going to be charged to have that tech come out and hook that up for you right?

The opinions expressed by me on this forum are mine only as a customer. I do not work for comcast nor do I represent them in any way.

New Poster

I agree!  I have had to call Comcast Customer Service several times over the last week and am wondering the same thing .... have they outsourced all of their Customer Service calls to third world countries?  I can barely understand these representatives and I also agree that they are often rude, maybe because I am frustrated by the communication problems but I don't understand what Comcast is doing!  I am a very long time customer of Comcast and pay over $200 a month for my services.  I always really liked Comcast and found their customer service to be top notch when I have had problems over the years but I truly cannot say that now.  Their customer service is terrible. It takes me forever to get to a real person when the automated system won't suffice and then I get transferred from one person to another, put on hold for so long that I finally start losing power on my cell phone, can't stay on because I am at work or the worse possible thing .... get disconnected!  I ask if someone can call me back because I just can't hold on the phone that long and I am told they cannot.

Most Valued Poster

This is a customer to customer help forum,with very little oversight from Comcast. Outsourcing is way to save money other people will work for less than people in USA. Like most company that outsourcing, customer service get worse.

Frequent Visitor

I am SICK of getting sent to foreign lands as well!!!  I can't understand them!  I'm sorry...I live in the US, pay for service provided by a US company ( I think so any way), I want to speak to an American!  We have people here that could use jobs!  The wait is an hour to an hour & a half, so I chose the call back option.  The call comes & it is a recording stating that I requested a call back & that all operators are currently busy & then it disconnects!!!  OMG!!  When the service works it is great...when there is a problem, it's a joke!!  Comcast wants new customers & will offer all kinds of incentives, but when you are already a customer, it seems like they could care less.  Many of us are stuck with them because they are the only option around.  I keep hoping other companies will come to my area.  Competition is good for the consumers.  Comcast knows we are stuck with them!!  I've been trying to get a DVR issue resolved since the 24th of January.  If I was that blase about paying my bill they would have an issue with it!!!!  I've been a customer for almost 30 years, but I am beyond frustrated now!!  At the very least, give us customer service people right here in the U.S.

Frequent Visitor

I hear you on that. I make several calls every 2 to 3 months. Lately in the past 20 hours 7 calls to them now! None by far are from America! Accents I can barely understand and 1 I even had to say may phone number slowly and 1 number at a time like......1 is the first number, 2 is the second number 3, is the third number and so on until I completed my phone number. That was frustrating! Try asking for a Supervisor and see what you get!

New Poster

What is your problem guys? Service quality OR Indian customer care??