Community Forum

Security Pin?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Security Pin?

When I log on to my comcast account I am being instructed to enter my "Security Pin" in order to view the details about my bill. However, I did not recieve a security pin nor have I ever had to enter one in the year that I've had Comcast. I keep trying to request a security pin via phone call, but the only number they will call me with is the Digital voice number they provided me with which I do not use. Calling customer service is an endless, frustrating game and I don't want to waste anymore of my time. I'm not going to pay my bill until I can view the details and I'm growing very frustrated! If anyone knows how to sort this out, please let me know otherwise I am going to cancel my Comcast account as this is a little ridiculous.

Thanks

Regular Contributor

Re: Security Pin?

You have 3 options basically.

1) Hook up a phone to your modem and activate it

2) go into a cable store with ID and get your PIN

3) request it be sent via snail mail to you

there is a 4th option where it can be texted to you, but it's not in every region

And just FYI, it's not Comcast's fault, it's the FCC

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Customer_proprietary_network_information

I DO work for Comcast. Do I know everything? NO. Do I help thousands of customers every year? YES I do.
Regular Visitor

SAME exact problem. This is definitley new because my last bill was straight up like its always been. What the? Anyway I can't get any answers either. I work too, imagine that and don't have the time to deal with these very intelligent customer service "people". I hope you find out somehow and post it, likewise I'll do same.

PS when in doubt blame the acronym:

Notice how the bill is quite clear on the amount to be PAID and the all important due date (NO redaction there).Why doesn't the amount need a pin number to be    visible? When it comes to the consumers ability to check usage charges, explanation of charges, the 18 different bogus tax charges

my favorite being that good  'ole MARTA tax. Yeah, the FCC. It's the FCC.

John

cancelled my cable in February kept the internet only buying time for Google Fiber.

I won't care about a pin.  I'll know all about them and the FCC by then.

Regular Visitor

Re: Security Pin? Options

Gold Problem Solver

If all you have is Comcast internet you do not need a PIN. You will need it if you have Comcast phone service.

More information about the PIN is in this forum post

Don't have phone service from Comcast? Something is wrong on your account.

Recently ordered Comcast phone service but it has not been installed?  Account is locked until it is installed and a PIN is received.

I have escalated your post to the forum official employees. An official employee will reply. Please check back every once in a while for a reply by one of them. Official employees authorized to post in the forum are higher up the ladder than phone agents.

Admin1

Hi jrspsb1 -- I can have the PIN sent to you. A copy of it will come through USPS along with en electronic copy being sent to the primary email address on your account. Please check these for the PIN and see if that resolves your issue. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!