Community Forum

Scheduled Maintenance

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Scheduled Maintenance

Two questions...

1. Why do you schedule a full multi hour outage during the work day?

2. Why does this occur with no notice to your customers?

This is not acceptable and likely the final time for me. I have been a loyal customer for a decade and have been extremely pleased with your service. In the past year or two, there has been a significant rise in unannounced outages with no explanation. Many of your customers work full time from their homes and cannot be subjected to this level of service.

I can understand a storm or other unforseen situations causing down time, but this "scheduled maintenance" is not acceptable. You cannot bring down the internet during a work day on purpose. Every reputable company schedules maintenance during the middle of the night. While that also is unfortunate for those affected, I think we would understand that occasional maintenace is necessary. Although, for a company this large I would question any outage as you should have a system that allows a cut over to a secondary system when a large upgrade is needed.

Official Employee

Re: Scheduled Maintenance

Hi, RockinAnalyst - My apologies for the inconvenience. However, if we won't maintain the node health - we won't able to provide the services. The cable infrastructure depends on many factors. For some type of maintenance work, we have to follow the city's rules and regulations. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!