Community Forum

Scam got charge $60 for 5 minutes and problem not FIX

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Scam got charge $60 for 5 minutes and problem not FIX

My internet speed keeps changing from 80 mpbs to 1 mpbs was not working correctly and"still not working correctly" the rep on the phone suggested that someone come to my address so she scheduled me a visit last month .  I was not told that I would be charged for the visit.  The comcast rep man came and was there for 5 min and was not able to fix it he said the problem was outside and other tech would fix it because he was not trained to do outside work. I asked if would be charged and he said no and he said he was going to make the next appointment for next month because all Saturday was already booked   Now I just looked at my bill for April and there is a $60 home visit charge on it.  I called comcast today and the rep said I was responsible for the visit and she could not waive the $60.  I told her neither the rep who scheduled the visit nor the rep that came to my apartment ever told me I would be billed for anything.  She said she was sorry and she tried to sell me a $5.99 per month insurance policy for future visits.  I can't believe she tried to sell me someothing more.  I have had comcast for over 10 years and never was charged for any visit to my house.  This is ridiculous that I have to pay for repairs made to comcast's equipment on the outside of my house and it was never done !!!!
Expert

Re: Scam got charge $60 for 5 minutes and problem not FIX

If the issue was outside your home, you shouldn't have been charged. Smiley Sad

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Scam got charge $60 for 5 minutes and problem not FIX

FloridaGator777, if a tech referral to maintenance was made, then the issue is on our end not yours. Please send me a private message with your full name, address, and phone number tied to your residential services for help.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!