Community Forum

Returned equipment collections

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Returned equipment collections

I discontinued service in March and turned my equipment in (2 boxes).  I received my final bill March 24 showing unreturned equipment fee of $290.  I called 'customer service' who told me to wait for next bill. May 14 I got a bill showing my account had been charged off and sent to collections.  This has been an incredibly frustrating experience.   It is still not resolved.

Official Employee

Re: Returned equipment collections

Hi zenkate,  apologies for your experiences, I can forward to the proper team for review and will send you a private message for further information.

Thank you

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I have made NUMEROUS calls to comcast regarding this situaltion.  If there is a 'correct' place to send my concerns, why is it that I am unable to access that myself?  The billing department just tells me they 'have no records' as my account is now in collections.  The collections company (AFNI) states all they get is the amount due.  Neither party was even able to access my final bill to verify $290 charge for 'unreturned equipment."  How can a company which is arguably a technically advanced communications entity fail so miserably at customer service?

Official Employee

Thank you for the provided information. I verified the equipment has been returned, I will reach the appropriate team to get these charges corrected in our system. As soon as I get an update, I will let you know. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

While i appreciate a response from 2 comcast employees on this forum, I am STILL in collections for the amount of 'unreturned equipment' and comcast billing still shows this amount owed.   How long does it take for this to be resolved?!

Official Employee

Hello, zenkate. We are still awaiting an update from the appropriate team regarding the unreturned equipment charges. We'll be in touch once we have more information for you.

Official Employee

Hey, just wanted to provide you with an update on this. The unreturned equipment charges have been credited off of your account in full. Please allow 24 hours for this change to be reflected on your end. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Frequent Visitor

I see that the charges have now been removed from my xfinity bill;  however i STILL am showing an ACTIVE collections account with AFNI.  This situation is not resolved as long as i still show a collections account which is a direct result of Comcast billing error which has been more than just a casual inconvenience for me.

please update with AFNI.

An apology for all I've been through to get this resolved would be the least Comcast could do;  but not expected.  Never again.

Count me as a cord-cutter.

Official Employee

The removal of the charges will automatically be reported to the appropriate agency. I apologize for the frustrating experience you've had getting this resolved and am sorry we lost you as a customer.