Community Forum

Returned equipment and refund

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Returned equipment and refund

Ok, so we are trying to save some money on our internet so we switched to xfinity.  I met an agent at Best Buy who signed me up and explained what to expect.  I ask her regarding the equipment rental and from what she said, I could return the equipment (cable modem) if I did not want to rent it and get my own.  I asked her if I were to return the equipment immediately will I get billed for it.  From what I understand, if I return the equipment, I would only be billed prorated for the days the equipement was with me.  This was also what the customer supprt said when we called.  I returned the equipment three days after I got it and was expecting my first bill to just include my internet bill ($39.99) and maybe a couple of dollars more for the prorated equipment charge and some cents for taxes and fees).  I have been checking my first bill and it still reflects the charge for the equipment (about 50+ dollars).  I went on chat a couple of days ago to try and discuss my bill.  The chat agent said that he has credited my account for the days I have returned my equipment and should be billed only for my internet for my first bill.  The chat agent said wait 24 hours for the changes to reflect and rest assured the succeeding bills will just show the internet service.  It has been a couple of days but when I checked my bill it still showed $50+.  This had started to get frustrating.  Has anyone ever had the same situation and resolved it?  Or was I told wrong about equipment return?

Official Employee

Re: Returned equipment and refund

Hello @Joy221. It sounds like your bill has printed with the equipment rental fee, and since we do not reprint or re-issue the monthly bill, you will see the changes printed on your next statement with prorates for the time you did not have the modem. Your account balance should update also. I can help review your account for the equipment removal and the fee removal. I can also review your account balance as well. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.