Community Forum

Residential Trouble Call

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Residential Trouble Call

We phoned Comcast with a question on why our small kitchen flat screen TV was suddenly showing a picture that was "framed", at least that was what it appeared like.  She tried to help me over the phone, then said maybe she'd better send a tech.  He came, saw the picture, picked up the remote and pressed a couple buttons and it was okay.  I ASK IF THERE WAS A CHARGE AND WAS TOLD THERE WAS NO CHARGE.  That didn't surprise me since he spent 5 or 6 minutes, punched some buttons, and did not give me an invoice or have me sign anything.  We thanked him for his help.  Today we got our Xfinity billing and there was a charge of $70.00  dated 9/21.  We did NOT ask for a tech to come out, we were TOLD one would be sent as they weren't able to fix our problem over the phone.  The reason this is doubly upsetting is that about 2 to 3 years ago we had the same thing happen!  Couldn't be done by phone;  sent a tech who pulled a plug;  moved it and said the same thing;  NO  CHARGE; there was no invoice and no signature ask for!  That time I complained by phone and they said they'd settle it by crediting us with a $35 refund.   Was that fair?  NO!  It's almost like a Scam.  The tech comes in, checks the  surge protector;  said one plug in on it was dead so moved the cord over one space.  Left with our thank you and no signed invoice of any kind.  We feel strongly that we don't owe you anything for the supposed service call.  Instead of a tech entering your home and spending a few minutes and saying NO CHARGE, they should be instructed to introduce themselve; TELL the homeowner it is a service call and give them an invoice to sign.  That's business and the way it ought to be handled instead of the surprise bills being sent !  

Official Employee

Re: Residential Trouble Call

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here.. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you