Community Forum

Residential Trouble Call Charge

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Residential Trouble Call Charge

I was shocked to see a $70 dollar service charge on my recent statement for a technician visit. First of all, there was no mention at ANY time of a service charge during throughout the troubleshooting, appointment setup, or technician visit. This intentional practice of keeping customers in the dark and sneaking in charges is ridiculous, but unfortunately seems to be commonplace after browsing the forums. Secondly, the technician troubleshooting revealed my internet issue was due to breakage of the center wire in the connector to my router. It was simply fixed by unscrewing the connector, removing the snapped wire, and screwing it back on to the router. According to information from a Comcast employee in another forum post "A technician visit charge is only valid when our technicians replace wiring or cables within your home itself." No wiring or cable was replaced in this situation, and yet I am still being charged this unspoken residential trouble call fee.

I sincerely hope Comcast can provide some sort of resolution for this matter.

Official Employee

Re: Residential Trouble Call Charge

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your account number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you