Community Forum

Repeated notification of a past kudo ??? (program bug?)

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
Expert

Repeated notification of a past kudo ??? (program bug?)

I would consider this a "non-serious" problem but rather annoying when it happens.

For the last couple of months I get repeated notifications of a Kudo from "Welcome to post". He can only give the one Kudo for the post which happened a number of months ago.

I know we are allowed to Kudo a reply only once. Is it possible for someone to get a notification for a Kudo if we have a "senior moment" and accidentally Kudo another time. No new Kudo actually given, but a notification shows up on the forum member's "recent posts (Bell icon)". Or is it some other recent bug that popped up? Anyone else seen this happen?

Just wondering. Smiley Wink

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Repeated notification of a past kudo ??? (program bug?)

Uh oh!  What'd I do this time??  Smiley Wink

Expert

@Welcome_to_Post wrote:

Uh oh!  What'd I do this time??  Smiley Wink

I know it sounds crazy, but my "notifications" says you just Kudoed me on that past post: 6/15/18. You issued that one Kudo a couple months ago.

I have gotten this message at least 5 times since the original Kudo.  Just one more mystery to scratch our heads over. It's funny that no other Kudos got treated that way.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

In case someone is interested in the problem, the post I was referring to is: "I'm banned?" by Sicnarf.

The post was closed after my explanation about a day later, a few months ago. It's not possible for any of us normal forum members to either reply or Kudo since the post is in "Read Only" format now. No Kudos being gained. Just the new notification of the old single Kudo.

As of 7/7/18; this problem as not reappeared. Since we are now on the new format I will consider the "bug" as fixed.