Community Forum

Removing a hard inquiry

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Removing a hard inquiry

I am a new client with internet service only. I ONLY switched to try out Comcast internet before moving to a development in Nov that has Comcast basic cable. I figured if I liked the internet then I would get rid of my direct tv and go exclusively with an upgrade package at my new home (all this explained to the sales representative on the phone). I made it EXTREMELY 100% CLEAR and asked if Comcast pulled a hard file as I am planning to close on a home in November and have worked VERY HARD to get a great score to negotiate the best rate possible for my mortgage. I was assured that Comcast does not pull a hard but only A SOFT credit. I made the switch and for a measly basic internet account I received A notification that my credit score went down and was shocked to see it was Comcast (I had the worst customer service trying to get internet installed and had 3 no shows by service guys and NOW THIS 😡! I am considering legal measures as I had several people at my house that day that heard my conversation and would testify to my inquiry on hard pull of credit. I also will not only NOT get other services and tell anyone and everyone of this shameful practice. I would appreciate any help in how I can get this unfair and detrimental mark on my credit.
Regular Visitor

Re: Removing a hard inquiry

Why haven’t I received any answer from a Comcast employee yet?
Official Employee

Re: Removing a hard inquiry

Hi @TonyP27

Sorry for our delay in responding to you. We try to be fair and answer each post in the order it is received. I would be more than happy to help address your concerns regarding the hard inquiry. Please send me a private message including the following information: 

• Your first and last name
  • Account number or Phone number on the account
  • The full street address including unit number city state and zip code 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.