Community Forum

Remove Hard Inquiry on my Credit Report from Comcast?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Remove Hard Inquiry on my Credit Report from Comcast?

Hello,

I was looking at my credit report, and I noticed that there is a hard inquiry on there from Comcast.  I wasn't aware Comcast was going to hit my report like this, and while I know having one isn't a big deal, but I have an otherwise flawless and perfect credit history, and I would like to keep it that way if at all possible.  

Given that I have always paid my bill 100% on time and in full every month to both you and every other company I do buisness with now, as well as my credit history, I'm wondering if there is something that can be done to remove this hard inquiry from my report that was placed there from Comcast?

Thank you for your time and help! Smiley Happy

Official Employee

Re: Remove Hard Inquiry on my Credit Report from Comcast?

Hi jleahy7711, I have responded to your private message.

Thank you

Regular Visitor

Thanks for looking into this Phil!

Frequent Visitor

I private messaged one of the reps but they've been completely useless. I've done this twice with no answer. Do I have to make a post about it then I guess or did you PM as well?

Edit: My private messages were ignored but someone answered me in another post. Now private messaging is apparently disabled. Wat.

Regular Visitor

I just reviewed my Equifax Credit Report, and I am very upset to see that in January 2016, Comcast-Plymouth MIC made TWO hard inquiries dated only two days apart! The sales representative that took my order never informed that a hard inquiry would be conducted, much less two! This has been negatively affecting my credit score all this time, and I knew nothing about it.

Regular Visitor

I feel your pain guys.  I'm still waiting for the team to contact me back and see if they will be able to do anything. 

As I explained in my message to Phil, and I fully understand that it is not him who's responsible for this policy that's in place, nor what happened, but I still think it's rediculous that Comcast hits customers with hard inquiries for a simple internet hookup.  My own housing association only hit me with a soft.  I kind of feel like they are doing it, just because they're the 'big dogs' and they can, but it's a poor policy to put in place when you're needlessly harming your customers' credit for essentially no real nessesary reason.

Regular Visitor

Just an update to this.  It's been over a month now.  No call, no anything.  Not real surprised to be honest.  Kinda sad though.

Official Employee

Hi jleahy7711,

I can help look into your credit bureau inquiry dispute. Since it has been over a month since our last communication with you, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, phone number, and the street address or full account number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me and we can go from there. 

New Poster

@ComcastChe It looks like the ability to private message is not working.

Official Employee
Moved: