Community Forum

Received email from Xfinity to "thank me for my recent order", but no order was made

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Received email from Xfinity to "thank me for my recent order", but no order was made

I categorized this under "Customer Support" for lack of any other option".  Live chat tries to narrow your subject, but this situation does not fit either.  Anyway...

I received an email from Xfinity on 9/30/2017, 2:01PM with the message "Thanks for your recent order.  We are working on your order and will send an email confirming the details shortly."  Here is a screenshot:

RecentOrder.JPG 

Here's the problem: I didn't order anything from Comcast/Xfinity on that day or at anytime in the last several months.   I looked at my account and do not see any changes (a good thing!).  I thought it might be a phishing scam, so I have avoided clicking on links.  But this email looks like it has the Xfinity stamp on it, which supposedly indicates that it's truly from Xfinity:

Email with Xfinity Stamp.jpg

Judging by the message, it looks like I have just signed up as a new customer.  But since I'm a long-time customer, this makes no sense.  I'm hoping someone from customer support sees this and can tell me that this was sent in error.  In the meantime, I'll keep an eye out for any changes in my account/service and deal with it then. 

Official Employee

Re: Received email from Xfinity to "thank me for my recent order", but no order was made

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

New Poster

Re: Received email from Xfinity to "thank me for my recent order", but no order was made

I think I see what is going on...  I don't log into my account often and it's been a few weeks since I last did so.  When I did this morning, the top of the page indicated that my account was only 25% complete and that I needed to "complete 3 steps to finish your account setup".  The four steps are:  email, automatic payments, paperless billing and mobile number.  I've had email for many years with Comcast - that's the 25% complete.  I believe the the email I received from Comcast has to do with this setup.  Sorry, but I have no interest in the other options.  I'll just ignore them.    

Thank you for taking the time to respond, Shane - I appreciate it.  I don't see anything else that is different with the account, so I'll consider this closed.  If I see anything out of sorts with the services I do have with Comcast, I will definitely reach out.  Have a nice day.