Community Forum

Reason for credit check?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Reason for credit check?

what i dont understand is why was there a credit check for a returning customer to begin with. i personally am trying to get my credit score better but this check (without my permission) probably will hurt me now. i want to know why the check when all im getting is a tv/internet/landline deal. im going to be paying threw my debit card so i dont see the reason for the check. as long as you get your money theres no reason for the check.

Valued Contributor

Re: Reason for credit check?

You have to give your consent for a hard check. Comcast has actually gone the distance in preventing this from happening. You have the option of setting up through their easy enroll (setup autopay/paperless billing upon account creation, no check or deposit necessary) EDIT: A few members on here will disagree with me and tell you that Comcast has the right to run a check at any time (which they technically do) but NOT a hard check, NOT without your consent. If one was ran without you giving your consent, you need to get a corp. rep to mask or remove this inquiry.